Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Kings Cross St Pancras - Victoria Line, Northern Line, Hammersmith and City Line, Circle Line, Metropolitan Line

Station: 010/270
Date: 27/03/2018 
Travelling Companions: None

010 148 x 210mm Watercolour and Ink - £50

I often used to get off here and walk down to Tottenham Court Road rather than change 


A short walk past the British Library from Euston to Kings Cross. As with Euston it's hard to pinpoint what constitutes the exterior or entrance to this tube station, there are many ways in and many routes around it's maze of tunnels once you're inside.

Kings Cross tube station tells lies as well. Some of the signs for the Victoria Line deliberately send you the long way around. I assume it's to prevent passenger congestion.

It's one of those London badges you earn and then wear with honour. Nope, don't go that way, follow me, I know London I do.


I sit on the concrete on what used to be the front of Kings Cross is kind of the back. I draw the old hotel between the gaps of some new station architecture. Everything is changing and moving. Even the station itself. 

Here's a link on how to navigate Kings Cross station.

No comments:

Post a Comment