Monday, October 15, 2018

Victoria - Victoria, Circle and District Lines

005 148 x 210mm Watercolour and Ink - £50
Station: 005/270
Date: 13/10/2018 
Travelling Companions: Nick Richards and Minnie the Dog

There's a memory I don't want to face as I walk from Pimlico to Victoria, not a bad memory as such, just the start of a thing I should have paid more attention to. Something that slipped me up.

Places do that too, they take you down dark alleys as much as they do open fields.

Actually I do remember an open field associated to this place too. My first national interview with Everett True on some grass near here.

Victoria Station by Nick Richards
With these big stations that double as National Rail Termini as well it's hard to know what the tube station is, in terms of it's presence above ground. I actually choose a side entrance, mainly for Minnie's benefit, though the buses scare her enough.

There's a street photographer here. He's taking photos of old men and young women as they get off the buss. He is being very visible.

He wants to take a picture of me because I'm drawing and have a dog with a black eye patch so obviously it's a photo full of character. But we get into a dance with me turning every time I see his lens rise up.

We're doing a similar thing. There should be a code amongst thieves. Don't take my picture. I'm doing the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment